Pressure Washing Manager Assistant
(Full-Time, $23-27/hr, Night Hours)
Pressure Washing Manager Assistant
We are growing and looking for someone to assist our pressure washing department manager. We are looking for someone with management, leadership, and training experience.
We clean a variety of things, including vehicles, buildings, garbage chutes, parking garages, and restaurant range hoods. A major part of the job is cleaning the range hoods, which usually happens at night. There is also a lot of day work (especially in the spring, summer, and fall). A typical hood cleaning job will start sometime between 6pm and 10pm and last 3-6 hours. We go inside the restaurant and prep the hood for cleaning by moving appliances out of the way and masking the hood so that we don’t splash water all over the place. We then go on the roof and clean the fan (usually just the crew leader will be the one on the roof) and the duct, then we come down and power wash the hood from the inside. After that, we just teardown and clean up.
Your duty will include leading a crew for each job and ensuring proper protocol and safety procedures are followed. You are there to ensure the job gets done in a way that will satisfy our customers.
You will also be assisting the pressure washing manager in helping to train, hire, and deal with employee complaints/issues.
As a pressure washing department manager assistant you will also be responsible for hiring and training any new employees.
Most of the work we do is cleaning restaurant range hoods. A typical hood cleaning job will start sometime between 6 pm and 10 pm and last 3-5 hours. We go into the restaurant and prep the hood for pressure cleaning by moving appliances out of the way and masking the hood so that we don’t splash water all over the place. We then go on the roof and clean the fan (usually the crew leader will be the one on the roof) and the duct, then we come down and power wash the hood from the inside. After that, we just tear down and clean up. So if you are a night owl and don’t mind getting your hands dirty this might be the job for you.
AJET Services is a stable business that has been around for about 30 years and has been growing over the past few years. AJET Services is growing quickly, we like to promote from within and crew members will have the opportunity to become crew leaders and grow into management and other roles as the company expands.
Most of the work is in the area from Salt Lake City to Draper. You will be responsible for picking up company vehicles and taking them on to the job site (must have a clean driving record). Occasionally we have jobs that are really far away and, in those cases, travel time one way will be paid for.
- Healthcare coaching and assistance
- Financial coaching and assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Previous experience hood cleaning is not required but would be preferred. The preferred applicant must have:
- Reliable transportation
- An excellent driving record
- Experience pulling/backing trailers
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience leading & managing a team
- Experience training employees
- Good problem solving skills
- Mechanical savvy. We work with equipment that includes small internal combustion engines, electric motors, water pumps, etc. Occasionally the equipment needs some minor maintenance or field repair. Someone who is mechanically-minded and knows their way around a small engine will be strongly preferred.
- A safe place to park a company vehicle and trailer. Once you are a crew leader you will be responsible for driving, storing, and maintaining the company vehicle and trailer. You must have access to a safe place to do this.
- Ability to pass the state licensing exam
Other highly valued characteristics.
- Good work ethic
Come join the team! This is a place where you will have the chance to give input into the building of the business. New ideas are encouraged and expected!