Pressure Washing My Car
Will Pressure Washing Damage My Car?
Will pressure washing my car damage it? The answer is no, if you know how to do it properly and carefully. A pressure washing machine is a powerful system that can damage almost any surface if you do not know how to use it. This is why we suggest either learning how to use a pressure washer on a vehicle properly, or hiring a professional to do it.
See below a few tips & tricks to help ensure you do not damage your vehicle while pressure washing it:
- Make sure the pressure washing hose is at least 5 meters long to ensure it is long enough to no get tangle up and hitting against your vehicle while using it.
- You will need the correct nozzle for your machine. The best one to wash a car will be one that works at 40 degrees. Note that rotary nozzles are WAY too powerful for cars.
- Ensure you are using between 1300-1900 PSI.
- Hold the pressure washer a good distance from the car to ensure it will not damage it.
- An electric pressure washer will be better for the job to clean a car, over a gas-powered one.
- Make sure you are using the correct detergents. You do not want to use any that will be too strong or damaging to the paint on your vehicle.